主讲人 Speaker：Fidel Nemenzo (University of the Philippines)
时间 Time：Wed. & Fri., 9:50-11:25 am, from Nov. 10 to Dec. 13, 2023
地点 Venue：Lecture Hall C548, Tsinghua University Shuangqing Complex Building A（清华大学双清综合楼A座C548报告厅）；Online Tencent：723-1401-3267
1. The lecture on Nov. 15, 2023 has been cancelled.
2. The lecture on Dec. 1, 2023 has been cancelled.
3. The lectures on Dec. 8 and Dec. 13 will be delivered only online.
The goal of coding theory is to ensure the integrity of information transmission. While it has its origins in engineering, it has developed into a growing area of both pure and applied mathematics, drawing tools from linear algebra, combinatorics, number theory and geometry. This course will begin with a gentle introduction to coding theory and will cover special topics such as codes over rings, mass formulas and algebraic geometric codes.
1. Coding Theory, by San Ling and Chaoping Xing (Cambridge University Press)
2. Introduction to Coding Theory and Algebraic Geometry, by JH Van Lint and G Van Der Geer (Birkhauser-Verlag)
Target Audience: Both undergraduate and graduate students
Teaching Language: English
Fidel Nemenzo is Professor of Mathematics and former Chancellor of the University of the Philippines Diliman. He studied in Manila and Tokyo, where he obtained his MSc and DSc degrees. His research interests are in coding theory and number theory. He also served as President of both the Southeast Asian Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Society of the Philippines.
Nemenzo 8 Dec 2023.pdf