This notice is for international students ONLY
The YAU Mathematical Sciences Center (YMSC) and the department of Mathematical Sciences of Tsinghua University are intended to hold the 2023 Yau Tsinghua Mathcamp (hereinafter referred to as the “Mathcamp”) for Secondary School Students from July 11 to August 18, 2023.
The Mathcamp is designed for students who love mathematics, are passionate about this subject, and have some basic competency in this respect. This event aims to enable students to learn about mathematics of modern times and have access to modern mathematical research. These students with potential are expected to devote themselves to mathematical research in the future through the enlightenment by this summer camp so that our goal of training a new generation of young mathematical research talents can be achieved.
We will offer various mathematical courses, including linear algebra, algebraic combinatorics, analysis and topology and so on. Those courses cover essential tools and applications for modern scientific research. Some courses are also combined with special research. There will be a mini symposium in the last few days of the Mathcamp. Students are encouraged to deliver special lectures and publish their research results. During the Mathcamp, TA sessions will be arranged in the afternoon. Teaching assistants will lead students in discussing about and doing exercises or talking about the homework assignments or their research projects. Additionally, we plan to invite world-class researchers to give an academic lecture at the Mathcamp so that students can understand the direction and results of modern scientific research.
Who Can Apply?
The secondary school students participating in this summer camp should meet all the following conditions:
1. The mathematically talented with a good mastery of the knowledge structure of senior high school mathematics and familiar with the basic concepts of calculus are prioritized.
2. Excellent in both character and learning, as well as in comprehensive quality.
3. Loving mathematics and aspiring to do academic research on the fundamentals of mathematical science.
4. International here means the students are attending the school aboard.
How to Apply?
All international applicants should apply via emails: email@example.com before 24:00, April 15th, Beijing time). The title of the email should be”2023 Tsinghua Mathcamp Application + full name”.
The following information/attachment (zip all the material into one file) should be included:
1. Personal information
2. Proof of study, sign/stamp by the corresponding school aboard.
3. Additional information includes: awards at the provincial level or above obtained at secondary school; personal honors at the school level or above received at secondary school; scientific research, innovative practice and literary creation that have been participated in at secondary school; expertise in arts and sports; social services and club events that have been joined in at secondary school.
4. The “Reason for applying for the summer camp of math” is an reference for the shortlisting of the summer camp and for the subsequent professional recognition. Please carefully complete such information to the real fact (limited to 1,000 words).
5. Two reference letters submitted by writers who are familiar with the applicant’s overall performance and professional expertise. (Submit via: firstname.lastname@example.org )
How to Recruit Campers
The application materials submitted by students will be reviewed by the Expert Committee item by item. Those qualified students can Check-in Notice by e-mail before the end of May.
Summer Mathcamp website :
Contact us : email@example.com
YAU Mathematical Sciences Center
Department of Mathematical Sciences of Tsinghua University