International Graduate Program
YMSC will accept applications of international students for 2022 Doctoral Program in Mathematics. This program is designed to nurture candidates to develop into promising researchers with solid theoretical foundation, deep expertise, global perspective and strategic vision in their chosen areas of specialization. They are expected to develop the ability to conduct original investigations into advanced subjects, and push at frontiers of mathematical research.
YMSC boasts diverse and distinguished faculty members composed of international mathematical masters, European and American top mathematicians, and well-known young professors in relevant fields. Their researches mainly cover basic mathematics, applied mathematics, computational mathematics, mathematical physics and statistics. The training plan, curriculum design, and teaching methodologies are as advanced as those of other world-class universities.
Qualification of Applicants
1. The applicant must be non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport.
2. The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree, or a degree equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree or a Master’s Degree in China.
3. The applicant should be in good health and character, well-behaved and willing to abide by China's laws, regulations as well as Tsinghua’s rules.
4. The applicant should have two academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field.
Types of Candidates and Average Duration
There two types of candidates, i.e. those holding master’s degree and those holding bachelor’s degree. The typical duration of the former is 3-4 years, and that of the latter is 4-5 years.
How to Apply
Applicants should complete the Online Application during the designated application period (listed below) on the website of the THU Graduate Programs Application System for International Students at http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/login
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study or Chinese embassies/consulates in their home country. Please consult the Chinese embassy/consulate in advance, as the application schedule varies from country to country (usually from November to April prior to the beginning of study). For the contact information of Chinese embassies/consulates, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China.
2. YMSC Graduate Student Scholarship
If you didn't get CGS successfully, you may apply YMSC Graduate Student Scholarship.