|Introduction to the Theory of Homogenization|
|Time：||Tue 13:00-14:50, 2017-02-21~ 2017-06-06 (No classes on public holidays)|
|Instructor：||Wenjia Jing [Tsinghua University]|
|Place：||Conference Room 3, Floor 2, Jin Chun Yuan West Building|
We will study several important results in the classical theory of periodic homogenization:
1. The periodic homogenization theory for second order linear elliptic equations.
2. The compactness method for uniform estimates in homogenization.
3. The periodic homogenization theory for first order Hamilton-Jacobi equations.
Calculus, linear algebra, basic knowledge of functional analysis and partial differential equations.
1. A. Bensoussan, J.L. Lions and G. Papanicolaou, Asymptotic analysis for periodic structures, Studies in mathematics and its applications, vol. 5, North-Holland Publishing Company, 1978.
2. M. Avellaneda and F.H. Lin, Compactness methods in the theory of Homogenization. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 40 (1987), no. 6, 803-843.
3. Lions, Papanicolaou and Varadhan, Homogenization of Hamilton-Jacobi equations, unpublished notes.